Thursday, April 8

So, it's April. Which is usually my favorite month, aside from all the crap in the air suffocating me. But man, this April. It's cold! Cold and dreary and disgusting. Everyone here thought winter was over; we all ditched our coats and the plants were budding and the birds were singing and life was happy and THEN IT WAS 41 DEGREES AGAIN.

It's enough to make you want to die. I was going to stick my head in the oven, but then I made these sweet potato biscuits in there instead. Much more delicious!

sweet potato biscuits

Minimal in effort but maximum in starch, they are lopsided and ugly but somehow that makes them better. You guys get an iphone picture because I was just that lazy.


Rolled Sweet Potato Biscuits

2 c AP flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 c olive oil
3/4 c vanilla soymilk
1 med sweet potato, baked and mashed

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients in a well in the center and mix just until combined. Roll the dough out into a rectangle and sprinkle generously with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up into a log and cut slices with a serrated knife. Bake at 450 until lightly golden. Eat warm with some honey butter and coffee. And then snuggle.



it's cold again

1 comments:

Reptilian Skies and Peacock Eyes said...

ooooo I like this Laura! I make sweet potato biscuits all the time but never like this....